All students entering, or transferring within the Jackson County School System must register at the school they will be attending. Students do not have to be present at the time of registration.
Please bring the following documents for enrollment:
- Proof of residency in the parent/guardian’s name must be present at the time of registration. Without residency documentation, your student(s) cannot be registered.
- Copy of home settlement statement or mortgage statement
- Copy of current lease agreement signed by landlord (hand written notes are not accepted)
- Copy of current utility bill/service connection with guardian's name and service address
- Copy of current homeowner’s insurance statement with guardian's name and address
- Parent/guardian proof of identification. Examples are: Photo I.D, passport, work badge, etc.
- Proof of Guardianship/Custody Agreement - *Required when both birth parents are listed on the birth certificate, but are not living in the same household.
- Signed Authorization to Release Records and Disclosures form.
- Transcript or last report card from previous school with current grades and promotion information. (Grades 9th through 12th must have previous records prior to scheduling classes)
- Student’s Birth Certificate or hospital issued birth record, or religious birth record.
- State required Georgia Immunization Form 3231 (Can be obtained through local Health Department or a Georgia physician.) or religious exemption.
- Social Security Card or signed waiver (SSN waiver available at time of registration)
The McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth program is designed to address the problems that homeless children and youth have faced in enrolling, attending, and succeeding in school. Under this program, State educational agencies must ensure that each homeless child and youth has equal access to the same free, appropriate public education, including a public preschool education, as other children and youth.
If the McKinney-Vento Act applies to your family, the school registrar/school social worker will be able to assist with the registration process.
Welcome to Jackson County. If you have further questions regarding registration, please contact the school the student will be attending.
- Certificate of Multi-Family Residence
- Non-Parental Affidavit of Residence
- Occupational Survey
- JBCB - Nonresident Students
The Jackson County School System does not and will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, or immigration status.